Director Research & Development (R&D)
Requisition Number: 149122
Work Location: Dublin, CA
This position requires one to exude the best solutions concerning engineering queries and develop methods that will lead to vivid impressive management of people, principles, and mode of action for Pro Engineering Portal. One must also show innovativeness and uninterrupted positive changes in our Engineering operations by combining latest technologies concerning our systems, process and machines. Give proper support to our internal and external clients, workmates, and shareholders.
Other duties and responsibilities will include:
- Retention and recruitment of prospects.
- Interviewing, enlisting and hiring Engineering Operations work team.
- Pass information concerning procedures to recruiters for potential candidates.
- Check on team member’s performance for more improvement and implementation.
Employee and Team Development
- Enhance team work among team members.
- Arrange training session on area of responsibilities.
- Act as a mentor to junior Engineering Operations staff thus ensuring perfection in service delivery.
- Prepare and control a succession plan for Engineering Operations duties and task.
- Assess objectives suitable to determine team and individual outcome.
- Inquire current feedback from Cross functional Leaders, Business unit Managers. Thus contributing positively to our strategic initiatives.
- Avail current training and counseling to team members in regard to the feedback.
- Motivate staff and ignite a sense of pride and a good feeling towards their accomplishment.
- Perform timely and professional team member’s evaluation.
- Run team as well as individual to actively progress key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational objectives.
- Correlate activities of major teams and keep them focused in time of catastrophe.
- Perform fair recognition and rewards frequently in areas of responsibilities.
In this field one will be required to create a forum where verbal and written ideas and information can be shared within a department in a formal business style. Also encourage active participation, share regularly goals and responsibility to members will also design the communication styles that align with that of team members.
- Find ways to reduce cost and monitor departmental cost trends to improve the value through consolidation of tasks and elimination of non-value added processes.
- Provide feedback to all members ensuring that projects deliver tangible values to our cross functional teams, customers and, business development teams, within the assigned budget limitations.
One will also be assigned technical management responsibilities where you will be required to research and offer leadership in upcoming trends and technologies. Create a technology road map for your team, offer new and fresh ideas and implement new practices and processes and above all comply with the company’s procedures and security policies.
Job qualifications and requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret scientific or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Also have experience in the plastic injection molding industry with focus on high speed molding and automation.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from all stakeholders and present information to top management or board of directors.
- Advanced PC skills, calculate figures, and be able to apply mathematical concepts of algebra and geometry e.t.c
- Able to create budgets, solve practical problems, and analyze market demands and trends, technological information and projections.
- Have knowledge on regional logistic operation and industry and choose the most suitable for the organization. Also should have strong financial analytical abilty, knowledge on global taxes.
- Possess some strong communication skills.
Education and experience requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is mandatory.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience, management experience also needed.
- Should be a member in at least two recognized industry professional organizations.
- Should have participated as a speaker in an industry conference, consortium or seminars.
- Must have published a minimum of 2 articles in 2 recognized professional industrial magazines.
Pro Engineer Portal is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.