Requisition Number: 149111
Work Location: Dublin, CA
In this position one will be required to manufacture, create, evaluate and modify the condition of the molded assemblies documents and components to improve products of the company and enable smooth running of the manufacturing process. Improve information and create prefatory sketches, notes and lay-outs necessary to showcase design proposal. Research on basic design factors such as availability of materials and equipments and ease manufacture is also a responsibility in this role.
Responsibilities and Inherent duties.
- Create and improve sub-assemblies that are plastic molded, packaging and components as required.
- Improve and carry out changes to product design as well as come up with manufacturing process that will make quality, efficiency and cost minimization a reality by being part of the new product development participants.
- Creating specifications required, systems ideas, layouts of the CAD generated machine, summarize BOM’s budgets and drawing, Design basic layouts and assemble complex materials and explain devices parts, structures and materials.
- Supervise and ensure suitable material, tooling automation and selection of the material.
- Familiarize and work with manufacturing department to detect and solve problems, ugrades, set ups, development models as well as development process parameters.
- Take part in product improvement meetings and may suggest changes to product design to improve assembly and manufacturing.
- May be required to carry out proof experiments as well as create other testing needs.
- Improves SOP’s operations and conduct maintenance in manuals.
- May carry out new technology research or improve tools to remain updated as far as current technology is concerned.
- Should have knowledge in lean six sigma tools, processes and project as well posses the ability to assemble them into assigned engineering projects
- Assess project that have already been completed for clarity, completeness and clarity.
- May be assigned other responsibilities and duties.
Education and experience requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-4 years working experience, a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Combination of education, training or experience can be considered.