Lead Product Development Engineer
Requisition Number: 149115
Work Location: Dublin, CA
Pro Engineer portal is searching for a talented Lead Product engineer who has exceptional skills to join our Health engineering team which is involved in creation, improving and transition to make huge health and wellness products. In this position one will be expected to offer a technical interface between the commercial business leaders and several internal and external concepts that are used in manufacturing of volume products. Relating well with design teams to ensure product reliabity, manufacturability, usability and quality, identifying manufacturing process and tooling requirements and associated qualification process will be among the key responsibilities of the candidate. Lead product engineer is also expected to disseminate information at all levels of the organization.
- At least ten years experience in product development and manufacturing of high volume consumer or health products.
- Must possess unique engineering skills in electrical, mechanical and manufacturing processes.
- Have knowledge in manufacturing processes such as: Molding, insert moulding, adhesive dispensing, SMT, metal processing, cosmetic finishing and complex final assembly and test processes.
- Must be able to use design of experiments to solve problems.
- Should be able to come up with requirements in product reliability and qualification
- Deliver improvements in programs continuously.
- International OEM and supply chain partners experience is also necessary.
- Should be highly familiar with Solidworks, ProE or cadence.
- Should be able to convince clients efficiently and some exceptional communication skills.
A bachelor’s degree in any engineering discipline, a Masters of degree is an added advantage.
Must be ready and free to travel internationally to support and design activities. Key travel areas include North America and China.