Requisition Number: 149101
Work Location: Dublin, CA
Job analysis and summary
Under this role the professional will be responsible for optimum control of cost of materials, price negotiation, develop competent strategies in supply base and supply chain, scribe terms and agreements for the materials specific to the business unit and be the overall head in supervisory responsibilities for the purchasing staff.
Other essential duties and responbilities
- Take an active part in the human resource department through recruiting and hiring managers.
- Handle analysis in regards to project component purchase and finally make an inventory reflecting a financial period in standard costing process.
- Overlook the overall training and supervisory of the purchasing staff through specific training.
- Take an active role in support and implementation of the company’s initiative and strategies.
- Should work closely with Pro Engineer portal’s internal resources and customers thus ensuring quality sourcing of materials. This will lead to a quality strategic suppliers to the customer’s Approved Manufacturer’s List (AML)
- Ensuring maximal amount of Material price variance while also providing competitive and competent input to project component purchase prices.
- Ensure optimal Material Price Variance (MVP) through quality analysis while limiting unfavorable PPV/MPV. Also closely collaborating with the company’s staff to duly obtain a client’s orders for additional expenses including premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges which falls on a client’s budget.
- Maximum monitoring and tracking on suppliers’ performance on delivery, quality and overall cost. Later get some good feedback in regards to the same.
- Effectively communicate the company’s policies and also expectations to the supplier. Through conducting supplier audit, performance reviews and credits or certification.
- Strategize and develop unique supply chains which are favorable to client’s needs. This will be done through understanding a client’s proposal working closely with the purchasing manager and finally coming up with an effective approach to meet a client’s needs.
- Collaborate effectively with our Material Quote Analysts to effectively quote new and existing materials. Also one will be expected to regularly re-quote and negotiate on cost reduction policies. Also aid in selection of suppliers based one’s price, duty, performance and quality of service.
- Always be on the lead in safeguarding the company’s interests and standards through competent negotiation including liability terms, special stocking arrangement and other terms outside of our company’s terms and conditions.
Education qualifications and background experience.
- Pro Engineer Portal is committed to ensuring high quality of professionalism in its staff and management to qualify for this post you are required to have.
- A Bachelors Degree in Materials management, Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Some 5 year experience in a similar role possibly is a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Excellent certification and outstanding recommendation by related professional organizations such as APICS and NAPM
- Quality supervisory skills and discipline are also mandatory.